- No products in the basket.
An elephant polo gift from Anantara Siam Bangkok
This package is no longer available
The Anantara Siam Bangkok hotel is offering Robb Report readers an opportunity to be a part of its team at the King’s Cup Elephant Polo Tournament, with a player spot on the hotel’s elephant polo team. One of Bangkok’s premier society events, the elephant polo tournament will see a number of teams playing polo in a charity event astride some of nature’s most majestic animals.
The tournament is a charity fundraising event, and US$10,000 (S$14,250) from the package will benefit the Golden Triangle Asian Elephant Foundation, an organisation that performs elephant street rescue efforts, along with supporting their handlers and their families.
Needless to say, the elephants’ welfare is paramount, with only healthy, young, domestically bred and microchipped elephants allowed to be used as mounts. In addition to that, the elephants can only play for a maximum of 30 minutes each day, with at least 90 minutes of rest between each game.
The humans will also be well cared for, naturally, and you’ll get to enjoy a daily sports massage after your hard-fought match, and the hospitality afforded by access to the private VIP at the tournament.
On the topic of hospitality, you and a guest will get to spend five nights in the Anantara Siam Bangkok’s Presidential Suite, plus be ferried to and from the polo grounds in a Mercedes-Benz S-Class.Read More
- Player spot on Anantara team for one person
- Daily entry into VIP area of King’s Cup throughout event (regardless of team’s advancement) for two people
- Five nights accommodation in the Presidential Suite at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel (8-12 March) for two
- Daily breakfast in hotel for two
- Daily chauffeured transfers in a Mercedes-Benz S-Class from hotel to polo pitch and back
- Daily sports massage treatment
Gift must be purchased by 15 February 2017.
"Spend the afternoon. You can’t take it with you."