- No products in the basket.
7D6N Bhutan Wonder
Price upon enquiry
Journey to the ‘happiest place on earth’ as you explore Bhutan. During the week, you’ll travel to Thimpu, Punakha and Paro.
Highlights of the trip include:
- Visiting the National Memorial Chorten, a landmark of Thimpu that was built in 1974 in the memory of third King, Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, who is popularly regarded as Father of Modern Bhutan.
- Driving to the Ziukha Nunnery, the biggest nunnery in Bhutan that was built in the 1980s.
- A panoramic view of the Himalayan mountain ranges during the drive from Thimpu to Punakha, as the drive climbs steeply to the snowy Dochula pass (10,200ft, 3,150m).
- Visiting Dochu La to visit the 108 stupas
- Viewing Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Temple from Punakha Dzong. The four-storey temple took nine years to construct, and reflects Bhutanese architecture and artistic traditions.
- Exploring Paro, a town that is not only home to sacred sites and historical buildings, but also known to be one of the most fertile valleys in the kingdom
- Hiking to the Taktsang monastery (Tiger’s Nest) – one of world’s most venerated and sacred Buddhist sites in the
"Style is when they’re running you out of town and you make it look like you’re leading the parade."